Self Esteem Questionnaire
- Self Esteem Worksheet
This is a self esteem questionnaire with a difference...
- The answers are generated by you.
- There are no right or wrong responses.
- You will not be judged against a score of 'normality'.
- You will realize more than you think you know.
Alright then - First, get yourself a pen and paper handy. Second, consider these statements:
- "I have an issue that stops me from enjoying life to the full."
- "If only I didn't have this issue then I could enjoy life more fully."
- "Since I am stuck I do the best I can to cope from day-to-day."
- "It's so unfair, but maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones."
How familiar does this sound? It's quite a reasonable pattern of thinking if you follow the logic - after all, you have a serious issue to cope with.
BUT... what if the underlying logic was actually faulty?
All these thoughts are built on a basic foundation - they depend on its strength. What would happen to all those thoughts if that foundation was blown out from under them?
Let's take a look at some of that underlying logic now. Ask yourself the following questions and write down your honest answers:
- How do you know when it's time to allow this issue to affect you?
- What early-warning signs do you get that let you know it's time to activate this issue?
- What choices come to mind as you can notice when those early-warning signs appear?
2. "If only I didn't have this issue then I could enjoy life more fully."
- What benefits does this issue give you that you are holding on to?
- How many other ways could you get those benefits without needing to run this issue?
- How would you enjoy life more fully if you didn't need to run this issue?
3. "Since I am stuck I do the best I can to cope from day-to-day."
- How tiring is coping with a familiar old issue on a day-to-day basis?
- What do you enjoy from allowing circumstances to dictate your day-to-day experience?
- How many other examples of feeling helpless are you allowing to happen regularly?
4. "It's so unfair, but maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones."
- You do your best to be fair to others, so how might you start being fairer to yourself?
- Luck is unpredictable, while that limiting issue is predictable. How might this be useful?
- If you knew that issue was simply a bad habit, how differently would you treat it?
Good work, and thank yourself for being so truthful on this self esteem questionnaire. Now, look back at what you have written and allow yourself time to consider any thoughts, shifts or realizations that come to mind.
You don't need me for this, so I'll say nothing more here.
You may also be interested in
this article on Self Esteem and Self Image
Next Article - Learned Helplessness And Cause-Effect
Return from Self Esteem Questionnaire to Online Self Help
Return from Self Esteem Questionnaire to Free Self Help Articles home
Top of Page